Want to do something special for your dog today? If so, here’s a great recipe for Gluten-Free Oatmeal Strawberry Doggie Treats!
-2 cup oat flour.
-3/4 cup frozen strawberries, defrosted with its own juice.
-2 tablespoons coconut oil.
-1 large egg.
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add flour, mashed strawberries, coconut oil, and beaten egg. Mix together with a fork or spoon.
3. With your hands, knead until you form a dough ball. The dough will be a little moist and sticky.
4. Roll out little balls and flatten them into bites (approximately 1” round and about 1/4” thick). Place them onto the baking sheet. Space them so they don’t touch, but they don’t need a lot of in-between space since they won’t rise or spread.
5. Bake for 20 minutes in a 350º oven.
6. Turn oven off and let them cool in the oven. This will allow them to continue to dry out. They will be dry, but not as hard as a biscuit. You will still be able to break them.